The following is a list of questions you may want to ask your neurologist when a decision is being made about starting a disease-modifying therapy (DMT) for treating multiple sclerosis (MS).
- What is multiple sclerosis?
- Are you sure that you have MS?
- What type of MS do you have?
- What prognostic group do you fall into?
- What is the risk of you not being treated with a DMT?
- Do you have active MS?
- Am I eligible for treatment with a DMT?
- Do you understand the difference between the treatment strategies of maintenance-and-escalation and induction therapy?
- Do you understand the concept of treat-2-target of no evident disease activity (NEDA)?